The Chavez Family

The Chavez Family
Day of the Gamma Knife procedure 128//15

Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Christmas 2015



Christmas was really good this year.  It was low stress and family focused.  We had Christmas eve at my sister's place, opened a present for each kid and headed home by midnight.  Girls put out cookies and milk for santa, left him a letter and went to bed.  Of course, Lili was the first one up, and was SO excited for her new bike,  she wanted to go out immediately and ride it!  Fortunately, it was like 60 degrees outside, so no big deal.  The other girls were happy about their bikes from santa, but no as much as Lili.  I made pancakes, cinnamon rolls and hot chocolate while my sister-in-law made bacon and we hosted the immediate family here at the ranch for Christmas morning.  It was a very calm (now that the kids are older) opening of presents.  Yerena is so hilarious as she opens presents that she really wanted.  First, her hoverboard for her birthday (and yes, we still have it and it hasn't exploded or even had extra hotness during charging) and now her iPod 6 for christmas.  I had planned to make a fire in the fireplace, but - at 75 degrees outside, it wouldn't have been appreciated.  It was a good thing I didn't.  The next day, it was 30-40 degrees outside and wouldn't you know it, the heater was acting up.  So I had a fire started, but even with the flue open, it smoked into the house.  Turns out, we don't have a chimney cap, so all the rain was dropping down on the fire and smoking it out!  Another project on the "honey-do" list.  I look forward to next year when my parents have finished their winter home in Rapid City, SD.  I'm hoping I can finally enjoy a Christmas fire there!

No comments:

Post a Comment