The Chavez Family

The Chavez Family
Day of the Gamma Knife procedure 128//15

Sunday, June 5, 2016

New Chemo

So now I am taking Zeloda.  It is an oral chemotherapy that I take twice a day for 14 days, then rest for 7 days.  My first round was pretty hard: rash, hand-food syndrome (so i couldn't walk d/t pain), fatigue, dizziness, major dehydration, uncontrollable urination (d/t all the water I was drinking).  It was just terrible.  My ecologist said I was on the highest treatment regimen, but I couldn't handle it.  Whether is was coming off steroids for a long time, or the chemo, I don't know, but I was miserable!! I reduced by next dose by 25% and this round is much better.  I'm watching my diet, eating less, walking on my treadmill and stretching.  My only major "complaint" is that I sleep a lot!  10 hours at night and then a 2-hour nap in the day time.  I also am not working, so I don't have to multitask, just focus on myself and the girls (who are now 14,10, and 8).  I am so thankful I got all these years with them!  I just am focusing on getting a couple more years in there to help them grow in responsible, mature people!  I have faith in Jesus that he will protect me and allow me to lead my children in Jesus' path.  I continue to have faith that this new chemo will control the growth of the tumors and give me the most time to focus on my kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment